Takeshi SATO, Associate Professor
・Standing Faculty, International Program in Agricultural Development Studies (IPADS)
Laboratory of International Environmental Economics, Department of Global Agricultural Sciences,
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, the University of Tokyo
|2023.07 – Current
||Associate Professor, Department of Global Agricultural Sciences, The University of Tokyo
|2017.12 – 2023.06
||Assistant Professor, Department of Global Agricultural Sciences, The University of Tokyo
|2016.04 – 2017.11
||Project Lecturer, Department of Global Agricultural Sciences, The University of Tokyo
|2015.04 – 2016.03
||Project Researcher, Department of Global Agricultural Sciences, The University of Tokyo
|2011.04 – 2015.03
||Ph.D.: Agricultural Economics, The University of Tokyo
|2009.04 – 2011.03
||Master of Science: Agricultural Economics, The University of Tokyo
|2005.04 – 2009.03
||Bachelor of Science: Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture And Technology, Tokyo
Agricultural economics, Environmental economics, Statistics, GIS, Remote sensing, Choice experiment, Imperfect competition
1. Classification of Land Use/Land Cover Using Remote Sensing Data
2. Econometric Analysis for the Land Use/Land Cover (Japan, China, etc.)
3. Empirical Analysis Using Spatial Statistics and Spatial Econometric Models
4. Causal Inference Analysis Using Spatial Information, etc.
5. Examining Consumer Demand and Willingness to Pay with Choice Experiments
6. Optimization of Movement and Transportation Using GIS
7. Analysis of Imperfect Competition and Market Structures
8. Exploring Crop Model Simulations
- Sato, T., Tachibana, T., Sakurai, T. and Rayamajhi, S. “Do Remittances Make Poor Households More Resistant to ‘Natural Disasters’? Evidence from the 2015 Earthquake in Nepal,” International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 73, 2022, 102858.
- Tang, S., Sato, T., Suzuki, N. and Kawasaki, K. “Impact of Visualization System on WTP of Agricultural Products in Japan: Mixed Logit Model Estimation for Imported Chinese Onions with a Visualization System,” Journal of Food System Research (Research letter), 28(4), 2022, pp.292-297.
- Sano, Y., Sato, T., Kawasaki, K., Suzuki, N. and Kaiser, H. M. “Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Vegetable Market in Japan,” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 51(1), 2022, pp.20-44.
- Fujimoto, K., Endo, Y., Yokoyama, T., Sugino, H., Sato, T., Haga, T., Kawamura, N. and Sugiura, K. “Identifying the Factors that Affect the Willingness of Pig Farmers to Participate in the Electronic Prescription System,” Journal of Veternary Medical Science, 84(6), 2022, pp.747-753.
- Kumse, K., Suzuki, N., Sato T. and Demont, M. “The Spillover Effect of Direct Competition Between Marketing Cooperatives and Private Intermediaries: Evidence from the Thai Rice Value Chain,” Food Policy, 101, 2021, 102051.
- Gugerell, C., Sato, T., Hvitsand, C., Toriyama, D., Suzuki, N. and Penker, M. “Know the Farmer that Feeds You: A Cross-Country Analysis of Spatial-Relational Proximities and the Attractiveness of Community Supported Agriculture,” Agriculture, 11(10), 2021, 1006.
- Ishii, P. M., Sato, T., Miyazawa, K. and Suzuki, N. “Increased Honey Yield of Apis cerana japonica Using Half-Sized Flow® Frames in a Traditional Japanese Beehive,” Bee World, 98(4), 2021, pp.115-120.
- Sato, T., Ogawa, S., Aizaki, H., Takahashi, T., Yamada, N. and Nakashima, Y. “Novel Method for Correcting Land-Cover Misclassification in Mountainous Paddy Fields: A Case Study of the Honghe Hani Rice Terraces in Yunnan, China,” Journal of The Remote Sensing Society of Japan, 40(Supplement), 2020, pp.S19-S33.
- Lei, Z., Haga, T. Obara, H., Sekiyama, H., Sekiguchi, S., Hombu, A., Fujihara, M., Lei, L., Hsu, S., Zhang, X., Ishitsuka, I., Atagi, Y., Sato, T. and Sugiura, K. “A Questionnaire Survey of the Illegal Importation of Pork Products by Air Travelers into Japan from China and Exploration of Causal Factors,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 177, 2020, 104947.
- Kumse, K., Suzuki, N. and Sato, T. “Does Oligopsony Power Matter in Price Support Policy Design? Empirical Evidence from the Thai Jasmine Rice Market,” Agricultural Economics, 51(3), 2020, pp.373-385.
- Kumse, K., Suzuki, N. and Sato, T. “Measuring Oligopsony Power in Thai Jasmine Rice Market: Re-evaluating the Paddy Pledging Program,” Proceedings of 2018 Annual Meeting of Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2018, pp.1-54.
- Murakami, T., Nakajima, S., Takahashi, T., Imai, A., Kikushima, R., Nishihara Y. and Sato, T.“Spatially Varying Impacts of Farmers’ Markets on Agricultural Land Use,” Working Paper, 2014, pp.1-34.
- Sato, T., Imai, A., Murakami, T., Nishihara, Y., Kikushima, R., Nakajima, S., Takahashi, T. and Nakashima, Y. “Geo-Agricultural Database as a Platform for Mechanism Design,” Journal of Agricultural & Food Information, 14(4), 2013, pp.334-347.
- Takahashi, T., Aizaki, H., Sato, T., Guo, N., Nakashima, Y., Ogawa, S., Yamada, N. and Zheng, X. “In-Crisis Delivery Rate: A Novel Measure of Success in Communal Water Management,” Paddy and Water Environment, 11, 2013, pp.503-511.
- Takahashi, T., Sato, T., Aizaki, H., Guo, N., Nakashima, Y., Ogawa, S., Yamada, N. and Zheng, X. “Three-Dimensional Spatial Correlation,” Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, 6(3), 2013, pp.163-175.
- Takahashi, T., Aizaki, H., Ge, Y., Ma, M., Nakashima, Y., Sato, T., Wang, W. and Yamada, N. “Agricultural Water Trade under Farmland Fragmentation: A Simulation Analysis of an Irrigation District in Northwestern China,” Agricultural Water Management, 122, 2013, pp.63-66.
- Dean Award of Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo (MSc Thesis), 2011
- Dean Award of Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo (PhD Thesis), 2015
- Encouragement Paper Award of the Remote sensing Society of Japan, 2018
- Paper Award of the Agricultural Economics Society of Japan, 2021